Sunday 8 December 2013

inspired!

So many ideas.

I was very fortunate to be surrounded by so many intermingling passionate brains over the past 4 days. These individuals really have a drive to make a difference, to better the health care of all Australians. It was refreshing to concentrate my thought processes in line with everyone else in formulating some solid plans for 2014.

While we are on the topic of planning...I have also been thinking about how to spend Christmas Day! I will firstly spend the morning with a lovely friend of mine at the airport for breakfast!

Then HOME time! I have decided to enforce upon my family that they must stay at home this Christmas. We have invited my brother's godmother, our grandmother, our cousin (almost sister) and her two children over.

My brothers will prepare lunch, whilst my cousin and I will prepare dinner. I have instructed mother to stay out of the kitchen (which will be very tough for her!), but it shall make for an interesting experience. We only once before forced her out of the kitchen when we went on a family beach house holiday to Currarong and that worked out splendidly (with a few kinks)!

The healthiness factor in these recipes inspire me:

Banana Oat Cookies - http://www.food.com/recipe/very-low-cal-banana-oat-cookies-229667


Poached Pear w/ Crunchy Oat Crumble - http://www.uncletobys.com.au/oats-recipe/crunchy-oat-crumble-with-poached-pears/


Yep, I will be baking. The oven is so foreign to me, so wish me luck!! Other than that, I plan on making some Pumpkin Ginger soup :).

No comments:

Post a Comment