Monday 27 January 2014

time

I've been trying to start reading "The Power of Now", however I'm finding the concept a little difficult to grasp. I don't mind that though, I'm not expecting to fully understand it. One interesting thing is that it basically is attempting to teach the individual how to concentrate on "Being" and not on our "Mind". Eckhart Tolle also explains that the Mind is directly linked with Time. How our minds are constantly thinking about the future, the past, and never really allows us to appreciate now.

On a slightly different level...time is so very interesting. We all know that "time flies by when you're having fun", also that time appears to be longer when you fit many things into the one day, but also how time can take forever when you're waiting for something. I attempted to meditate today for half an hour, and it was super pleasant and enjoyable because my half hour felt like 2 or 3 hours. I actually felt a bit energised afterwards! I wonder if I'm doing it right. Either way, I think it's great for me to be in a different setting to my usual home, and just take a moment to sit, and allow my thoughts to wander, without feeling guilty that I'm not thinking about nothing, and just allowing time for my mind to meander without resistance.

I will continue to try this.

On a side note, I had a spectacular long Australia Day weekend :).

Met up with my lovely high school friends who I feel brilliantly comfortable with. Caught up and discovered another side of my uni friend whilst eating at a very innovative Vietnamese tuck shop; Miss Chu's, went for a lovely jogging tour with a friend from back in the day, spent some quality time with some furry friends and engaged with people out of my usual circle, learnt to wrap a traditional sticky rice banana dumpling from my mother, completed a 10 minute YouTube workout with my mother, caught up with a beautiful Dubbonian friend over the phone, received some words of wisdom from my super duper uncle, spent a bit of time getting to know my new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, changed the Christmas decorations for CNY ones on our makeshift tree, and really just overall I feel a bit more at ease with the world right now. OH, I forgot to mention that I even watched an entire tennis game!

:)


1 comment: