Thursday 28 November 2013

lumpiang, pho, baby bottom tacos, and new joggers!!

An old friend of mine used to ask me regularly, back in the high school days, "..any new news?". If he had asked me that today, I would have been able to reply, "Yes! Exciting new food, and new shoes!"

Lumpiang Sariwa is a Fillipino dish that a dear Dubbonian friend of mine recommended for me to try at LaMesa last Friday night. It was pleasantly full of wonderful textures and flavours. Honestly was a bit of a mix of Chinese, Vietnamese, and Thai cusine. It is a vegetable fresh spring roll which had lovely aroma from the peanuts, refreshing juicy crunch from the water chestnuts, a mix of veggies, all tied together within a soft rice noodle like wrapping, doused in a sweet brown sauce. I recommend.



Oh, also had an interesting Calamansi Juice. Think limes, but orange on the inside! Here's a pic I found from someone else's blog:

Oh, FINALLY had my first go at the infamous Pho @ Pho An. I had the special with all the random bits and pieces..you know..tripe..and all :). It was surprisingly very strong in herbs, so I easily devoured the entire bowl and drank all that MSG-filled soup. Delish.



Tried out The Cuban Place on York St in Sydney CBD for a night out with the girl cousins! Had the softest taco skins ever! Honestly, just like a baby's bottom. Every single lamb dish was succulent, tender, and bursting with goodness too! They sure know how to create a great atmosphere.





Last, but not least. I finally got around to purchasing my new joggers! I'd always said that a new pair was warranted, especially after completing Spring 2013 Tough Mudder. I adore the colours of my new New Balance shoes. One pair of joggers, and one pair of cross-trainers. The joggers have more cushioning, while the cross-trainers have more overall support. I don't fall into the women's sizes, so children's it is for me! It was loooovvveeee <3 at first sight!





No comments:

Post a Comment