Sunday 17 November 2013

the endless choice for tucker in sydney

I have been so lucky to have had such a full week of glorious friends from such varied parts of my life, who all appreciate testing the waters in new Cafes and Restaurants for inspiring cuisine. In the past week or so...my life has been so full of Scrumptious goodness! This post will be mainly pictorial based. It has been the most rain I have experienced in the last two years, pitter patter-ing everyday this week...which only makes you even more thankful for the lovely sheltered areas for devouring food whilst catching up with friends!

My friend's gourmet home made breakfast. A delicious blend of fruits in the rainbow juice; who could have known a concoction so natural and healthy, could be so fluorescent in colour! Mmm, cherry tomatoes, goats cheese with poppy seed, peppermint, on some luscious sourdough pan-fried bread.

This was just perfect for a rainy Monday morning. Hidden away in a Sydney's Westfield in the middle of the CBD, was this peaceful Max Brenner's. I had my favourite peppermint tea <3 $4



Then a trip to Mr P's, hidden off the main strip (Burwood Rd) in my h'town of Burwood! The cutest little joint, very reasonable prices, and just a short stroll from home.


How adorable is that tiny little milk jar!

My delicious Brunch Plate, huge pieces of toast, lovely smoked salmon, poached egg, avacado, and ricotta cheese! Surprisingly healthy :) $12.50

How beautifully have they presented this Muesli! My photograph does not do it justice!


Visited the West African Festival with a colleague of mine to try some Kpoff Kpoff, African Cigars, and a Goat Burger! 
Kpoff Kpoff is apparently an African staple in every home. A sweet doughy bread deep fried, creating a lovely filling texture. $5 for 3


I was too busy devouring these delectable Sushi options in Kingsford that I only have one of these Tuna rolls to share with you! $4.50 for a plate of 4

A very interesting game of Caccasone to follow the Sushi :)

My Sweet Memory for a Matcha Latte or two! I couldn't quite work out what it was...an angel? A bird? A bird and a moon? $4.60 per cup

Yebisu Izakaya - $7.80 for Agadeshi Tofu!

We landed in Japan!

My favourite dish from Mappen Menya, along George St. Soymilk Chicken Soba (cold). Can't remember how much this was, altogether with Takoyaki, Fishcake, and Kimchi it probably came to approximately $12

The most beautiful looking juice you could buy; Blueberry, Lime & Honey!

LeMesa - the only Phillipino restaurant in Sydney CBD. LeMesa = The Table (in Spanish)

Trying out my very first Halo-Halo, which actually means MIX. It was a mix of different fruits, beans, jelly, egg custard, taro, coconut, and ice cream. Quite similar to the Malaysian ice-kachang, or Vietnamese mixed desserts, or Korean patbingsu.

And this ends my chronological photographic tour of my week's gastronomical adventure.





No comments:

Post a Comment